Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp compaq pro 6305
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i want to know what are the available upgrades to my pc thnx 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the specs for that model PC.

The supported graphics cards are listed on the webpage.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03521186

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the specs for that model PC.

The supported graphics cards are listed on the webpage.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03521186

HP Recommended

i want to know if the options are so limited becuase i dont have enough power (power supply) or becuase i dont have Appropriate port to attach the card to it thnx for ur time

HP Recommended

Hi:

Those are the supported video cards HP offered at the time.

If you plan to install a different video card other than the ones listed, you will have to know two things...

1. That it works within the limits of your PC's power supply.

2.  That your PC's BIOS is new enough to work with the latest video cards out there today.

For example:  I have an HP 8200 Elite business desktop PC.

I installed a nVidia GT 730 graphics card in mine, which is not listed as a supported video card on the 8200 Elite specs page.

But it works because the card works within the limits of the 320 W power supply my PC has, and is compatible with the BIOS.

If I tried to install one of the newer nVidia GT 9xx or 10xx models, I doubt either of them would work because of the older BIOS my PC has.

HP Recommended

ok thnx

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

iam very sorry but i also have a hp envy 15 k009ne can i upgrade it graphics card i know that the gtx 850 is soldered to the board but cant i connect the vga via mini pci or sata III connector or use any converter or other port or use egpu thnx

HP Recommended

Hi:

You cannot upgrade the gpu in that model.

I wouldn't be able to answer your question regarding any out of specification modifications to that notebook.

I don't believe you can use any of the available expansion slots for graphics cards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.