Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6005 Pro SFF PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As i try and speed my computer up,i have a dell 531s computer that works(vista).Hard drive crashed.I was hopeing i could use something out of it.Will any of it fit my HP Compaq 6005 Pro SFF PC, SG972UC#ABA.. Thanks...Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Comparing the specs of the two models, it looks like the only thing you can use would be the hard drive, which you stated was no good, so that wouldn't work.

The 6005 Pro uses different memory (DDR3) and the 531s uses DDR2, which won't fit in a DDR3 slot.

The 6005 uses a different series of AMD processors and the one in your 531s won't work in the 6005 Pro.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Comparing the specs of the two models, it looks like the only thing you can use would be the hard drive, which you stated was no good, so that wouldn't work.

The 6005 Pro uses different memory (DDR3) and the 531s uses DDR2, which won't fit in a DDR3 slot.

The 6005 uses a different series of AMD processors and the one in your 531s won't work in the 6005 Pro.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.