Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-3000i (4M0K0AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I don't like the fact that I got one hdmi port and one analog port for video. I have two monitors and one does not have either. I added a video card with two hdmi ports. But it broke the video when I added a new mic. so I went back to the original built in video hardware and now everything works. Is it safe to buy a new video card with the 2 hdmi ports without breaking the video?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

" I added a video card with two hdmi ports. But it broke the video when I added a new mic. so I went back to the original built in video hardware and now everything works"

sorry, I asked you for more information about this!
If you have a pci port it should work, and since you already installed a graphics card, it worked!
Without more information it is difficult to answer.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi

[start]This is an automatic response
in order to avoid writing the same thing each time
Some elements may therefore not apply to you 
To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information

we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support
Give the full name with the product number P / N

this is not a model:
HP Desktop M01-F1xxx
the requested product number must look like this
Product Number: 9EE50AA # ABA
the model corresponding to this number will therefore be
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb
---------------------------------------------------
What video card did you buy, was it new?
Your Mic (for microphone) Also what type, model?
I don't see what can lead to the failure of a video card, if we have simply connected a microphone...
So to start so new, I advise you to have it exchanged!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The labels are full of numbers. How am I supposed to know which one is the model? If I leave this page to find more about it, my reply disappears. If I dial the Call Me phone number it disconnects. If I try to contact an agent I just get a robot that has no idea what I'm talking about. I called the "service Center" and they have no idea how to fix the problem. the Vga to Dvi cable does not work.

h349683746 order number

the order email shows no model number

ck22u58aa#aba

HP Recommended

More:

what if I add a graphics card to fit the need of my 2nd monitor. Will the primary built on graphics card or whatever you want to call it on the motherboard still work along side for the other monitor?

HP Recommended

does the vga work or not! do I need another computer or another  motherboard?

HP Recommended

hi

sorry check but

ck22u58aa#aba

impossible to identify the model with this

wouldn't it be rather 

22U58AA

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-tp01-3000i/2100903614/model/2100903618/d...

you didn't answer what i asked

Power Supply Type
310 W 80 Plus Gold certified power supply

if you install a video card, the motherboard ports are disabled

Motherboard Specifications

Integrated graphics

• Intel UHD Graphics
note:
Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you. Your are correct about the model number. Thanks for the answer about ports. I don't understand why the motherboard has a pcie port if I can't use it. Through messenger I found out the combo cable will not work. I don't know why it's been so painful to get this long awaited help. Thank you. I have a vga to vga cable coming today.

HP Recommended

hi

" I added a video card with two hdmi ports. But it broke the video when I added a new mic. so I went back to the original built in video hardware and now everything works"

sorry, I asked you for more information about this!
If you have a pci port it should work, and since you already installed a graphics card, it worked!
Without more information it is difficult to answer.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.