Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2019nt PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello everyone,

i have bought a new pc with the product number of 434S2EA#AB8 and am pretty satisfied with the experience so far, however i got an issue that worries me... so the computer works fine and everything but there is this sizzling noise that i hear out of nowhere from time to time. let's say 10 times/hour for the frequency of this noise. it does not take more than 2 seconds. some sort of techno noise/electric noise, i don't know... no idea how to explain... is it the power supply? or something else? what do you think? is there anybody who had experienced the very same problem?

i so don't want to bother myself with the warranty right now. it's been only 2 days since i got this pc and using it for business purposes

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@jupi , welcome to the Community.

It would help if you could remove the side-panel and listen to see if you can tell where the sound is located.  This would allow us to possibly tell you what is causing it.  If you bought the computer locally, you should contact the seller for help if you can't locate it.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

removing the side-panel won't end the warranty, right?

(it's been more than 10 years since i had a desktop before this one. and removing the bottom-panel of a laptop ends the warranty far as i know. that's why i asked)

HP Recommended

well, it is pretty difficult to detect the exact location of the noise since the noise is not that loud every time and stops really short after. seems like it could be from either psu or gpu. odds-on psu

hp hardware diagnostics cannot find any issues with all those listed parts of the pc. i also checked it on uefi. all looks fine. 

@Old_geekster

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @jupi!

If there is any possibility that it is the PSU, I suggest that you contact the seller for help.  The problem will no doubt get worse.

HP Recommended

the local hp service asked me to get into f2 diagnostics through uefi. i did test the complete system for over 2 hours and it was successful. so they told me that it is "coil whine" most probably. however i couldn't find any matching noise on youtube with mine. 

seems like there is nothing wrong with the hardware anyways. 

oh, i have a booting problem by the way. i plug off my pc at night and plug it in about 8 hours later in the morning. it wont boot at first, but second time fine. doesn't matter how many times i shut down my pc and turn it on, it will always boot after the very first boot of the day. for instance i shut it down, leave it for 2 hours and turn it on once again. it still boots normally. so why doesn't my pc boot normally when it is not used for plenty of hours?

it's win 11 version 21h2 (os build 2200.282)

bios version/date: ami f.12, 09.17.2021

the support told me that there is a new bios update f.16 which came out in october. asked me to download it manually. i did. unfortunately it doesnt work... i get a warning telling me that my current bios version is newer than the one i try to install. so the update option is grayed out

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @jupi!

I have seen these exact symptoms on one of my own computers.  I solved the problem by replacing the PSU.  So, watch for other symptoms, other than coil whine, that could be related to a failed or failing PSU.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.