Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion 595-p0074
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why isn't this info part of the supplied deskop info package?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings jaczar,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Your PC has a 180 watt PSU.

You have Intel integrated graphics.

HP installs components to work correctly based on the factory configuration.

What do you want to do?

The factory installed 180 watt PSU is not going to be able to power most discrete graphics card upgrades.

Regards

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz,

We might want to **bleep** this in the bud ?

The motherboard does not support an ATX 20/24 pin PSU.  The Main and CPU/Aux are only 4 pin headers.  Graphic slot can only handle 75W.  Whatever @jaczar is thinking, he will need to revamp it.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply but it was to  a question I didnot ask. I can read specs, so I know what the hardware is. I want to run BOINC ( SETI, MILKYWAY, etc ) AND not all programs  can use an INTEL  GPU  ( or OPEN CL ) to speed up processing. I want to add a NVIDIA graphics card wthhout having to replace the non standard ATX  power supply.  I already know it must be a shorter single slot card to fit the alotted space allowed by the motherbord layout and case size.  By the way,  I worked on PC hardware since the first IBM PC was introduced. Please pardon my frustration and reply becaus I spent a lot of time looking at online HP  data attempt to find an answer.   This HP was my first store bought ( not home built) PC  in about an

ice age.  This PC is very nice but I think I will go back to building my own for the next one.

HP Recommended

Hi wb2001

Hi  jaczar or jaczar1, I answered your loaded question.

wb2001,

I am well aware of this issue .

Kind of knew where this thread was going but needed more information before doing the modified MB and PSU shtick.

See this thread.

I am aware HP is now using modified motherboards and Power Supplies.

This fact creates graphics card upgrade issues.

Directed the OP in the above link to the fact HP is offering more powerful Power Supplies which can be used to power better discrete graphics cards.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi wb2001,

I hope HP provides easy access to PSU upgrades. Because, now, HP has a lock on PSU upgrade options which are required to upgrade graphics on the next generation of HP PCs.

Not doing this may cause bad vibes with prospective PC buyers. This will definitely cause problems with new HP PC owners when they realize it is not possible to upgrade the factory graphics card if they don't have easy access to upgraded Power Supplies.

This would be a deal breaker with me.

In my humble opinion, I am not onboard with what is happening in this specific scenario.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.