cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
JanePM1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

23-F261 Windows 10 Update failing

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday I ran system updates and it ran for a very long time.   It installed Windows 10 Home 1909 OS Build 18363.1082.  At the very end, the system crashed with a black screen.  I had to reboot the PC and it runs but I am now getting failures everytime I run Windows update.  Here are the errors.

2020-10 Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4584229) - Error 0x8007045a

2021-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4598298) - Error 0x8007045a

I have tried the HP Support Assistant and it cannot fix the problem.  I searched on HP's site for systems OK for this update and the 23-f261 is not listed anymore.  So I am kind of stuck.  It has been running windows 10 for years.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,613 27,047 3,124 6,763
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JanePM1 

Regarding the first, the Edge update, you can update Edge on its own by clicking the three dots on the upper-right corner of the client window, selecting help and feedback, and then selecting About.

As to the other KB, it is is a Preview and when MS pushed those out last year, and some of us were foolish enough to apply them, our PCs got Windows Update trashed and we had to restore from image backups to get Windows Update working again.  So, as a general warning, do not install Preview updates -- it's a bad idea.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation