Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
elitebook 8440p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Im doing diagnostics, for a while ive had an error on boot about main battery failure.
Ive done diagnostics and get the CSR code.
But apparently HP dont host CSR anymore?
So where do I go with the failure ID and product ID, to use the quick solutions of Computer Self Repair?
Failure ID: RPKRXH-55WALP-X87Q3F-C08903
Product ID: WJ681AW#ABU

Thanks in advance.

Nord

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP doesn't provide the website anymore because the code generates the PC's serial number and HP has gotten very strict regarding the dissemination of personal information such as serial numbers and whatnot.

I have found that the 24 character failure codes are pretty useless in that they spend most of their time generating the PC's serial number and little more.

Here is a copy and paste of the error report generated by the code you posted, minus your notebook's serial number.

As you can see, it provides nothing more than what you already know.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
RPKRXH-55WALP-X87Q3F-C08903OK00000000005/31/21601PowerAC Adaptor, Battery, Cache Battery Pack, Charger, Power Cord, Power SupplyBattery 1

I would assume that you would need to install a new battery to correct the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP doesn't provide the website anymore because the code generates the PC's serial number and HP has gotten very strict regarding the dissemination of personal information such as serial numbers and whatnot.

I have found that the 24 character failure codes are pretty useless in that they spend most of their time generating the PC's serial number and little more.

Here is a copy and paste of the error report generated by the code you posted, minus your notebook's serial number.

As you can see, it provides nothing more than what you already know.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
RPKRXH-55WALP-X87Q3F-C08903OK00000000005/31/21601PowerAC Adaptor, Battery, Cache Battery Pack, Charger, Power Cord, Power SupplyBattery 1

I would assume that you would need to install a new battery to correct the problem.

HP Recommended

Sound, thanks for that. Its the external battery, cheap third party one, ill get an official HP one.
Thanks very much for that Paul.

Cheers, Nord.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Nord.

Cheers,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.