1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

32 bit windows on Intel Q370 chipset based devices

HP Recommended
HP EliteOne 800 G5 23.8-inch All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Trying to install 32 bit Windows 10 -  (Public Library genealogy software only 32 bit compatible)

Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 VLSC ISO image and a USB made with TUXboot.

When setup get's to the choose country and international settings - the Keyboard and mouse have stopped working.

It's either a BIOS security thing OR more likely XHCI drivers for the USB 3.1 extensible ports.

Has anyone overcome this by finding drivers OR will I fail completely even if I get past this due to Intel Q370 32 bit drivers ?

I just can't find a definitive answer in HP's myriad of support bumph……….

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,361 122,538 20,150 30,906
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I believe it is the lack of the XHCI drivers for the USB 3.1 ports which is preventing the installation.

If by some chance you were able to get W10 32 bit installed you will find that hardly any 32 bit drivers exist.

Certainly not for the graphics and wifi.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,361 122,538 20,150 30,906
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I believe it is the lack of the XHCI drivers for the USB 3.1 ports which is preventing the installation.

If by some chance you were able to get W10 32 bit installed you will find that hardly any 32 bit drivers exist.

Certainly not for the graphics and wifi.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation