Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0- i keep getting driver installed for unknown device. I have tried what you guys have in the forum but nothing works since i guess its not related to windows 10.

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have zipped up and attached the driver that should work for you below.

Download and unzip the file to its folder.

Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager and click on the ACPI\AWY0001 device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try the following driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/86510/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

is that the same one from the other forum?  I tried that one and it did not work.

HP Recommended

I wouldn't know what thread you saw.

Here is a copy and paste of the driver setup information file which shows support for that ID...

[AWAY_MODE.NTamd64]
%*pnpffff.DeviceDesc% = NULL_DRIVER, *pnpffff
%*pnpffff.DeviceDesc% = NULL_DRIVER, ACPI\AWY0001

HP Recommended

if you where to type in the acpi etc it shows that same thread on this topic. it kicked me off saying the boot manager inacessable so im having to restore the entire computer. I hope by doing so it will fix this problem im tired of resetting the computer.

HP Recommended

ill give all of these a shot if the problem continues. thank you for your time.

HP Recommended

What is the full model number or product nunber of your PC?

The product number can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.

The driver is really unnecessary.

As you can see from the driver setup information file, it is a null driver which means it just gets rid of the unknown device but doesn't install anything to speak of.

HP Recommended

the  model number is gateway lx6810-01.... I dont know all i know is when i go to systems and it shows my hard drive and usb devices and so on. it shows the tower with an exclamation on it.  it keeps making me reset it to an earlier version. so i just decided to do a complete clean instal. so hopefully that will fix it. it was upgraded from windows 7 to windows ten also.

HP Recommended

That PC has the nvidia NVIDIA nForce 720i chipset.

The away mode driver was only needed for Windows XP.

The away mode is part of the sleep function.

The actual away mode driver to control the sleep function is not needed for Vista or W7, and your PC is not supported for any newer operating system.

For Vista and W7, that is why nvidia wrote a null driver just to get rid of the unknown device showing up.

I guess folks were complaining.  I would have too.  I want a 'clean' device manager.

You can try the latest chipset driver from nvidia for that chipset, but inside that chipset is only the same driver I posted.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/30520/en-us

You can see the away mode driver is included, but as I wrote above, it is no different than the one I posted and if it doesn't work, then there won't be anything you can do.

Again...the good news is you don't need it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.