Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have recently upgrade my HP 8300 Small Form Factor Desktop from WIndows 7 to Window 10. I need to access my system in BIOS and  have  had trouble do so. I need to acces my system BIOS in order to enable Intel VT-x so I can create a Virtual Ubuntu 12.04.5 using VMWare Workstation.

Here Is what I Know:

-My system does not have UEFI settings when I restart the computer while holding shift then go to "Trouble Shooting > Advance Options.

- Pressing Keys like esc, F1, F2,F9 - F12 do not take me to the BIOS. Instead they take me to the following menu;

------Esc: Start Up Menu

------F2: HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

------F9: Please Select Boot Device Menu

------F10:  Hewlett - Packard Computer Set Up

------F11: System Recovery

-My BIOS mode is Legacy according to my system info application.

- I have an Intel Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU running at 3.4 GHz

My questions are:

1. What course of action should I take to access MY BIOS to enable Intel VT-x?

2. I'm considering flashing the system BIOS due to the Legacy BIOS mode.  Am I wrong?

3. Is there any other way to enable Intel VT-x without accessing BIOS?

If anyone can help I will greatly appreciated. Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@shaw_brandon wrote:

Hello,

I have recently upgrade my HP 8300 Small Form Factor Desktop from WIndows 7 to Window 10. I need to access my system in BIOS and  have  had trouble do so. I need to acces my system BIOS in order to enable Intel VT-x so I can create a Virtual Ubuntu 12.04.5 using VMWare Workstation.

Here Is what I Know:

-My system does not have UEFI settings when I restart the computer while holding shift then go to "Trouble Shooting > Advance Options.

- Pressing Keys like esc, F1, F2,F9 - F12 do not take me to the BIOS. Instead they take me to the following menu;

My questions are:

1. What course of action should I take to access MY BIOS to enable Intel VT-x? See the following image. 

2. I'm considering flashing the system BIOS due to the Legacy BIOS mode.  Am I wrong?  Yes. 

3. Is there any other way to enable Intel VT-x without accessing BIOS? No.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@shaw_brandon wrote:

Hello,

Here Is what I Know:

My questions are:

1. What course of action should I take to access MY BIOS to enable Intel VT-x? See the following image. 

2. I'm considering flashing the system BIOS due to the Legacy BIOS mode.  Am I wrong?  Yes. 

3. Is there any other way to enable Intel VT-x without accessing BIOS? No.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

This worked perfectly! Thank you for providing that solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.