Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23-b010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I would like to install an additional screen to my All-in-One Pavilion 23-b010
Could you please tell me which screen will better fit and which type of cable I need to connect new screen and Pavilion 23
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Regards,

Zemilia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Zemilia 

Here is the spec HP page for your PC:https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03524666

As you can see, it does not have any video output ports, so there is no way to DIRECTLY connect an external monitor to it.

However, what you CAN do is plug a USB-to-Video-Output adapter into one of the USB ports and plug a video cable to connect your monitor to that adapter.  Since you have USB 3.0 ports, I would recommend using one of those.

As to the cable, that will depend on the video INPUT jacks on the monitor.  Most nowadays come with HDMI and DisplayPort (DP).  Either one will work, you just then have to get the adapter to connect your PC to the video cable.

You can find these adapters lots of places online but I have used MicroCenter and they have a good return policy that allows you to return the equipment for a full refund if it does not work for you.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Zemilia 

Here is the spec HP page for your PC:https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03524666

As you can see, it does not have any video output ports, so there is no way to DIRECTLY connect an external monitor to it.

However, what you CAN do is plug a USB-to-Video-Output adapter into one of the USB ports and plug a video cable to connect your monitor to that adapter.  Since you have USB 3.0 ports, I would recommend using one of those.

As to the cable, that will depend on the video INPUT jacks on the monitor.  Most nowadays come with HDMI and DisplayPort (DP).  Either one will work, you just then have to get the adapter to connect your PC to the video cable.

You can find these adapters lots of places online but I have used MicroCenter and they have a good return policy that allows you to return the equipment for a full refund if it does not work for you.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.