Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-xa0053w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I just bought this computer from a small computer store in my small town. I'm wondering if I didn't get a used computer or an older one. First off, I asked why the fabric on the bottom was a little damaged. He said it came that way in the box and the styrofoam it came in was crushed a little. He said he could send it back but I already had him transfer all data from old computer so I said no. Then I asked if there was any paperwork or a warranty card or something and he said no. He said there's always a one-year warranty so if I have any issues, just bring it back. I asked why wasn't there any and he said it just always goes by serial number so i don't need anything. Then when I got home and set up my new computer I got a pop-up message on my screen from HP Product Status. It says my product's warranty expired on October 14, 2019. I'm wondering if I give you teh product number and serial number if you are able to tell when this computer was made or how old it is. Product number: 4NM71AA and ***edited

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Please remove the product serial number.

You will have to talk to the seller about the warranty.

I would guess this PC was manufactured in October' 2018 if the warranty end date is October' 2019 and you have a typical one year warranty.

You should be able to get a full warranty if this PC is not used. The seller should fix this or return the product and get a refund.

Regards

HP Recommended

According to the support page for that product

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06120170

When clicking on the "Product release information" heading it indicates "Release date of 13-Aug-2018"

That would indicate the possibility of the store selling NOS or it is used.

AS @Grzwacz states, discuss this with the seller.  Make sure you make and keep backups for all of your data because taking it back will result in loosing that data.  If he is a reputable seller, he can warranty the product outside of HP's support.  Ask about that.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.