Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My all in one PC screen is broken so I connected another monitor to use with HDMI. Now I understand that this desktop is only for display OUT ports so since I am using another monitor to use this PC which I think it can work as a display IN - so I need to use second monitor.. would this PC would work for extended display mode for extra work space and to view different applications?

ALL IN ONE PC (broken screen) - CONNECTED TO 1ST MONITOR VIA HDMI - NEED 2ND MONITOR TO WORK AS EXTENDED DISPLAY. WOULD ALL OF THIS WORK? 

If so, I would like to know what cable to use to connect MONITOR 1 to MONITOR 2.

Monitor 1 have the VGA port.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Elliott125 

In most cases, you can't connect one monitor to another even if they have more than one video jack.  The different jacks are of different kinds to handle different cables, and all are intended to be connected to a PC, not to one another.

As to using the external in place of the Internal, probably not.  It's not going to display anything until the Windows drivers are loaded and unless it defaults to Mirror mode, you won't see the same stuff as you would on the all-in-one screen because those are basically HUGE laptops and suffer from many of the same limitations.

You should be able to see something on an external monitor, it's just not going to have the flexibility of the built-in screen.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.