Tommy322
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

All in one won’t turn on, check hdmi cable message

HP Recommended
All in One desktop

After a power outage computer won’t turn on. Monitor only say check hdmi-in cable. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,688 32,588 2,964 7,277
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tommy322 

If you actually had a power outage, that could easily have been accompanied by a power SURGE -- and if your PC is not plugged into a surge protector, that could have damaged internal components.

When you reboot, try pressing the Esc key repeatedly to display the HP Startup Menu.  When that appears, select the option (usually F2) to run the hardware diagnostics.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,688 32,588 2,964 7,277
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tommy322 

If you actually had a power outage, that could easily have been accompanied by a power SURGE -- and if your PC is not plugged into a surge protector, that could have damaged internal components.

When you reboot, try pressing the Esc key repeatedly to display the HP Startup Menu.  When that appears, select the option (usually F2) to run the hardware diagnostics.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation