Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seventeen17
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Almost all the files in my C disk get deleted after everytime I restart or shut down my Computer.

Hp Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been having this problem for the past 4/5 days, when I turn my Computer most of the settings that I have applied before are reset. Such as Volume mixer, microphone volume, some programs like Spotify, Discord. My default browser gets set to Microsoft Edge.  Another thing is that I put some extra ram in my Computer recently, but this happened after I took one of the RAM sticks out so I can buy the exact one. Screenshot_1.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,032 18,021 1,194 1,853
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Almost all the files in my C disk get deleted after everytime I restart or shut down my Computer.

@seventeen17,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the default apps change automatically.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you install all the Windows updates including the optional updates and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

Open the Settings menu and go to Update & security > Windows Update. Click Check for updates to prompt your PC to scan for the latest updates. The update will be downloaded and installed automatically. Click Restart Now to restart your PC and complete the installation process.

If you continue facing the issue, then update the BIOS from the below link and check.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation