Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

As you were, chaps, yet again 24 hours later

Untitled.png

Interesting to know that Spybot Anti-Beacon managed to block these OS upgrades though!

I trust this upgrade will go equally smooth as the previous one - and that I will not discover too many other (old-ish) programmes that stopped working once I moved to CU.

HP Recommended

So to conclude this thread: all is fine, and I have jumped two steps in the last 72 hours or so.

Really surprised that Spybot Anti-Beacon was able to prevent me from upgrading but allowed regular updates to be deployed - I guess something that others can consider should they need so (and it's good to know that quite vast telemetry data has not been shared with MS either!).

Fall Creators Update seems actually faster / more smooth that Creators Update. That bit is fine.

No other adverse results seen (with CU some older apps stopped working - but this was rather expected).

I'm not happy that Windows does not retain caching / indexing info and this exercise has to happen from scratch again (waste of resources & time really). And Homegroup info either - retyping this password twice in 72 hours is just a pain.

HP Recommended

Resurrecting old thread... For thos interested: this time 1803 has been pushed on the launch day (30/04) to my PC without issues - and deployment was equally smooth and below 1 hour.

HP Recommended

Hi krzemien

I have 1803 running.

The upgrade was very quick.

Reviewed privacy settings. The mods I had made on 1709 carried over to 1803.

I was very surprised to see this.

Tom

HP Recommended

Yup, some other previously impacted things were unexpectedly preserved this time as well, for example File History index so I did not have to re-sync in full.

The only collateral damage I spotted was:

* AMD software requiring installation as tray app started suddenly crashing on its own

* HP printer driver missing - had to be reinstalled either

* Search index reset - had to be reinstated which took a while, obviously

(on that one: I found that one of my PST file in Outlook is damaged as Search Indexer started suddenly crashing. Once PST repair was used, problem has gone away)

All in all rather positive experience, I think.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.