cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cosjay929
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Auth.PW req.aftr Reboot, enter 3 wrong tries and boots to win 10 can not access bios.

HP Recommended
ENVY 34-B1XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I'm Jim, I'm a win , running  preview eval build19582.rs_prerelease.200306-1640,

Since the first time loaded one of these pre release os's, I would occationaly get a pw req.for the bios entry, apon restart.

a)  not have entering one in the1st place, this shouldn't happen right?.

B)  entering the wrong pw 3 times boots to  10 as usual. (again?)

C)   no  matter what I try, I can NOT get into the bios.

D) is there a code to through this?barrier?

E) and finally, a fix that doesn't require removing the cmos battery?

Thanks For your time & Brain power!!

I'm just Stupified at point,I've let it go for many yrs now...even reloading  10 clean,doesn't change issue.

Can't wait to your thoughts on this delema, ...

Again .Thanks

Jim.

1 REPLY 1
MarcusC
1,345 1,298 60 289
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Jim 😃

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

Regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation