Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pavilion Gaming TG01-0005na has a corrupt BIOS and will not boot, Windows+V says "recovery files cannot be found"

After running around the HP support website for a couple of hours trying to find  how to create the "BIOS USB recovery drive" that my dead PC is telling me to do I realised that I should have come here to ask the real "experts" in the first place to find the way to go, Support seems a total waste of time?

I have followed something that said I should download the latest BIOS (sp111149.exe?) onto a different PC then execute it to get an option to either update this PC or create a Bootable USB drive. Well, that did nothing..... Ran it, nothing happens.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Graydog7 -- on this HP web-page: HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0005na Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

I see: BIOS (3)

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8643) F.41 Rev.A 13.2 MB Sep 19, 2021 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp135501-136000/sp135567.exe

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8653) F.32 Rev.A 12.6 MB Sep 22, 2021 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp135501-136000/sp135601.exe

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8767) F.21 Rev.A 12.7 MB Nov 17, 2020 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111149.exe

When I download the first of the above updates, and launch it, I see:

Capture.JPG

which matches what you reported.  What happens after you select "Create Recovery USB flash drive", and then click "Next" ?

Note the 3 different SSID values. Pick the one that matches your motherboard's SSID.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. This is my son's PC so I'm not too familiar with it. Where can you find the SSID?

I did run a downloaded BIOS file on my own Desktop PC rather than my Laptop and it worked OK and I was able to create a BIOS USB recovery drive but the HP does not seem to recognise or find it, I've tried making different sized USBs  in all of the Sockets but it just doesn't do anything. I copied the files to a partition I named HP_TOOLS on a separate SSD to use a different interface... Still nothing! This has to be the most unresponsive PC I've ever worked on, Well done HP.

I've tried Windows+V, Windows+B and F2 all did nothing.

HP Recommended

@Graydog7 -- HP does not seem to recognise or find it, I've tried making different sized USBs  in all of the Sockets but it just doesn't do anything.

Power-off your computer.

Temporarily disconnect either the "power" or the "data" cable from your disk-drive.

Connect the USB stick into a USB socket.

Power-on your computer.

Then, press F10 or F12 to get it to show you a menu, listing all the bootable devices.

If the USB is listed, select it, and boot from it, to update the BIOS.

If it is not listed, then you have some other problem.  Report here, if that happens to you.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  The computer doesn't appear to be responding to any key presses or recognise any USB drives

Regardless of what I do, on startup I get a long tone and an initial blue dialog saying the BIOS is corrupt and after about 30 seconds or so the PC restarts and after another 30 Seconds or so I hear repeating 2 long and 2 short tones (from different places?) with another blue dialog saying it's unable to find the recovery files or they are corrupted.

I think something must have failed?

B.T.W You mentioned the SSID for the BIOS version, Where can I find that?

Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.