Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1254 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am wanting to upgrade my BIOS on my operating system.  The current version that I am using is AMI 7.16 (01-18-2012).  I want to upgrade to the latest version if there happens to be one.  I am confident that this will help solve my no sound issue from a Sound Blaster Audigy 5/rx.  Can anyone with experience in this field help me out?  Thanks in Advance.01-18-2012 HP Pavillion BIOS Version.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @ElFotografo 

You can try to update (your old computer) to 7.23 Rev.A

(1) Download and Install

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family 2ACF)

7.23 Rev.A2.1 MBOct 17, 2014Download

If you have any question come back to here.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply

Is the BIOS update dependant on the Windows OS or the motherboard (baseboard) or something else? I have the following baseboard as outlined on the screenshot provided with my original post. I have a:

Baseboard Manufacturer: Pegatron Corporation

Baseboard Product: 2ACF

Baseboard Version: 1.03

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.19044 Build 19044

HP Recommended

Hello @ElFotografo 

The bios update is OS independent !

Why you should update your BIOS in any case !

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Thank you for the latest BIOS v.7.23 A.  The installation was successfull, however, I still have no sound from the Sound Blaster.

What would you suggest next?

HP Recommended

Hello @ElFotografo 

@ElFotografo wrote:

Thank you for the latest BIOS v.7.23 A.  The installation was successfull, however, I still have no sound from the Sound Blaster.

What would you suggest next?

(1) Download this driver for and install

Sound Blaster Audigy 5/Rx (SB1550)

https://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=100229

(2) Reboot and test your sound again

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.