Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop 590-p0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
When I power on my computer it gives me a blue screen and the error is Critical_Process_Died. I have tried many different solution I found on google and the HP website, but nothing has worked.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@FLAMING_BLUEJAY

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Are you able to boot into windows desktop?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
  • What happens when you start your computer?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This did happen after a software update. When I start my computer, it says it couldn't start correctly and gives different options on a blue screen. The product number is 3LA53AA#ABA

HP Recommended

@FLAMING_BLUEJAY

Thank you for posting back.

Let's try Microsoft System Restore:

System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I tried this multiple times and it doesn't even try to restore, it says there was a problem trying to restore the computer. I have even tried resetting the computer and it won't even do that. No matter what I try to do there is some sort of error. Is there any way to contact HP via phone. Just so I can talk to somebody in real-time? 

Thank You, 

FLAMING_BLUEJAY

HP Recommended

@FLAMING_BLUEJAY

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.