Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My system was not connecting to wifi and also not showing its icon. So I enabled network boot in  BIOS setting -> system configuration -> Boot options. After that, my system is facing BSOD with critical process died. After that it prepares Automatic Repair. I tried reseting the system option in troubleshooting but it keep saying that it encountered some error. Failed to reset. 

Please Help!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This can be a problem, attributed to the wifi switch being deactivated in Windows, wifi icon not shown in the taskbar. As for the BSOD, it might a problem with either the Windows oem  install on the pc or a hardware failure. To test, if it is a hardware failure, I'd recommend booting a Linux based live USB such as Ubuntu 20.04 LTS or Manjaro, and try to connect to wifi from the live environment, if the connection works, it means your Windows install is broken, if not then your wifi card is probably not working.  Maybe disabling network boot in the BIOS will help with the BSOD error. 

I hope these recommendations will help solve your problem

Regards

Jorkano

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.