Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 795-0039c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After bios update (prompted by HP Support Software) Envy desktop will not boot.  Bios loaded successfully and rebooted, but Windows will not load.  Fresh install off of working USB will not load.  BSOD message is KMode Exception Not Handled.  

I reset the bios to defaults, I've removed all extra hardware.  Windows repair will also not boot.  I cannot get into safe mode, boot into windows never makes it past the swirling dots.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

It would appear the HP BIOS update may have caused this problem. HPSA may sometimes provide incompatible BIOS updates. One can only guess if this is the problem.

You can review possible blue screen causes at this Microsoft site (Link). This site is for programmers but it will give some ideas on what may have caused the fault.

There are links at this site to investigate.

One link suggest using the W10 install media to try a repair. Have you tried getting into safe mode or attempt a startup repair using this method?

You might be able to check the system log in event viewer for possible causes if you can use safe mode.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.