Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Slim Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product No. 5QA74AA#ABA. I get a BSOD on logon. There is a message about Memory Managment and a link to a MS website that doesn't seem to exist. Someitmes it goes into a quick scan--20%, 40%, etc. to 100% and lets me in. Sometimes it adds a scan of the hard drive. This morning it went on to all kinds of analyses which froze the system. I was afraid I would be completely unable to log on. Finally I just shut down; turned off the power; waited; turned it back on; and, thank goodness, managed to read my data. This has been going on for several months. 

I would like to speak to someone about it while my warranty is still in force, but I can't find any way to actually talk to a human being.

Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the phone number. I got through, finally,  to a lovely lady in the Philippines who took over my computer and has been working with me since you sent that message until now. She downloaded a more recent version of Windows 10 among other things and managed the whole process cheerfully and helpfully. 

I just logged on successfully, for the first time in months. 

Here, by the way, is the direct number to get to Tech Support which she gave me: 800-474-6836.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can call HP customer service at:  1 (866) 724-8600.

Usually when you get the memory management error BSOD, it means that one of the memory modules has gone bad and needs to be replaced.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the phone number. I got through, finally,  to a lovely lady in the Philippines who took over my computer and has been working with me since you sent that message until now. She downloaded a more recent version of Windows 10 among other things and managed the whole process cheerfully and helpfully. 

I just logged on successfully, for the first time in months. 

Here, by the way, is the direct number to get to Tech Support which she gave me: 800-474-6836.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome,

Glad that HP was able to help you out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.