4 2 2 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

BSOD on logon; message about Memory Management

HP Recommended
HP Slim Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product No. 5QA74AA#ABA. I get a BSOD on logon. There is a message about Memory Managment and a link to a MS website that doesn't seem to exist. Someitmes it goes into a quick scan--20%, 40%, etc. to 100% and lets me in. Sometimes it adds a scan of the hard drive. This morning it went on to all kinds of analyses which froze the system. I was afraid I would be completely unable to log on. Finally I just shut down; turned off the power; waited; turned it back on; and, thank goodness, managed to read my data. This has been going on for several months. 

I would like to speak to someone about it while my warranty is still in force, but I can't find any way to actually talk to a human being.

Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BElmore
Author
Level 2
4 2 2 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the phone number. I got through, finally,  to a lovely lady in the Philippines who took over my computer and has been working with me since you sent that message until now. She downloaded a more recent version of Windows 10 among other things and managed the whole process cheerfully and helpfully. 

I just logged on successfully, for the first time in months. 

Here, by the way, is the direct number to get to Tech Support which she gave me: 800-474-6836.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,493 122,670 20,180 30,958
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can call HP customer service at:  1 (866) 724-8600.

Usually when you get the memory management error BSOD, it means that one of the memory modules has gone bad and needs to be replaced.

0 Kudos
BElmore
Author
Level 2
4 2 2 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the phone number. I got through, finally,  to a lovely lady in the Philippines who took over my computer and has been working with me since you sent that message until now. She downloaded a more recent version of Windows 10 among other things and managed the whole process cheerfully and helpfully. 

I just logged on successfully, for the first time in months. 

Here, by the way, is the direct number to get to Tech Support which she gave me: 800-474-6836.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,493 122,670 20,180 30,958
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome,

Glad that HP was able to help you out.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation