Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, My computer has been having a "Bad Image Error" out of nowhere and has made my computer be of no use. It is not connected to the internet as there is a lock image on the network and the bad image error pops up many times when i am logged in. I have searched for solutions and have found many on Youtube but they require for apps to actually open but the problem is with this bad image error code, it wont allow me to open any applications and is basically making my computer of no use.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Heela_Meya 

According to the advice on the Internet, this error is displayed along with the name of the application causing it.  You need to make note of that application name -- as it is most likely a corrupted DLL file associated with that application.

Then, you should see if you can get into SAFE mode following these instructions: Safe Mode - Start Windows 10 in - Windows 10 Forums

If you can, then see if you can remove that application.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.