Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All-in-One - 24-g014 (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)vilion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot open my Start Menu and also Search button on my Taskbar. I cannot reset my PC using cmd. It shows an error of (systemreset.exe  Bad Image). I don't know what to do next. Can anyone please help me out?Error upload.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the factory reset failed you have two other options to try and get your PC back up and running.

Both options will require you to have access to another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer.

1. Make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your PC.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

If the cloud recovery tool doesn't work, then you can clean install W10 by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP All-in-One - 24-g014 (Touch) (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply @Paul_Tikkanen.

I knew that method would work. I made a bootable installation media, but I cannot understand how to boot using the pen drive because the bios are different than those which I find on YouTube. Can you please help me with the BIOS settings? I can provide you with more images if you want. Waiting for the reply!

HP Recommended

Send HP.jpeg

 Please help me boot with this bios system.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Have the bootable USB flash drive in a USB port.

Turn on or restart the PC.

Immediately tap/press the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F9 boot options menu, and from that, select the USB flash drive and press the Enter key.

The PC should then boot from the USB flash drive.

HP Recommended

I did what you told but it failed. I also kept the USB drive FIRST while selecting a boot order. Still, it didn't happen. I want to enable legacy but when I do that, it shows disable secure boot first. Now how to disable secure boot that I don't know. This BIOS is different than what they show in YouTube. Please help me. If you need some more pics I can provide you.

HP Recommended

On  many PC's when you enable legacy mode it automatically disables secure boot as well.

That would be the only suggestion I can offer...to enable legacy mode/disable secure boot and see if the PC will boot from the flash drive then.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.