Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ENVY All-in-One - 32-a0027c.  Has a SSD drive and a standard disk drive.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Siriussub 

Matter of personal choice, of course.

Personally, I save files all over the place (main disk and two additional internal disks on Zbook) - AND then I make backups of those files to a remote (off the computer file storage location) because one copy of a file is a recipe for loss. 

For example:

As long as main drive is large enough, you can continue to download-save-install updates and programs on / from the main disk (where you account is likely located).  If you choose to do so, personal files, including your documents and images, could be stored on the second disk.

The problem is not so much of "where" you store the data that you use, but that you have a backup copy (at least one) of every document and image file that is important to you.  Although many failures involve the main disk (where the Operating System is located), the second disk could fail.  Second (or third) disk failure is less likely perhaps - but it can and does happen to people every single day.

In other words, best not use the second disk as a means of keeping the only extra copies of your data - create your backups to store the copies of your files somewhere not on the computer.  For example, store copies of your important data in a cloud account (OneDrive, for example), on a USB stick, on a NAS (network storage device usually used for just this purpose - file storage), "somewhere" you can access the data in case the computer is not available for any reason.

So - second disk can be used for whatever you want.  Make sure that anything important stored on that disk is just as securely backed up as anything you store in the main disk and your account.

Reference and Resources – Places to find help, solve problems, and learn about your Device

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY All-in-One PC 32-a0000 Desktop PC series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Siriussub 

According to the specs, your PC has a 256GB SSD -- which is where Windows is loaded.  And while that sounds like a LOT, it will fill up over time if you start saving things there.  And eventually, it will get so full that Windows will not work properly anymore.

Plus, every time a Windows Update gets done (and that's usually once a week), new files automatically get written to that same drive, so it is already filling up over time.

So, your best solution would be not only to save to the larger drive, but also to change your downloading and default saving locations to also point to that drive.

But, as @Dragon-Fur mentioned, you should seriously consider offline storage for stuff.  I have external drives connected to my PC, and I save copies of stuff I can't afford to lose to those.

As the cliche goes -- if it's not worth backing-up, it's not worth keeping.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.