Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop AMD Ryzen 5Series - Model: 590-P0044
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just updated the BIOS on my Windows 10 desktop but after restarting I'm unable to get into Windows. I tried entering my pin, but I can't. It's not available for me to enter it. When I type in my password that isn't working either. I also did the "Windows Key Plus B" to recover the Bios and it says it recovered it but when it loads it goes back to the blue screen again saying "Critical Process Died" I also have tried restarting loads of times and still no luck.  I've also tried restoring to a previous date and nothing!!! I also tried resetting the pc. It goes through the whole process just to go back to the blue screen with the "Critical Process Died" message!!!  Any ideas, I'm at the end of my rope. The computer is not even a year old yet!!!

PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@FDPena_405 Greetings from the HP Community!

Here are a few steps that should help identify and resolve the issue:

Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Configure a device.

On Windows 10, you can also open Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot and click on Hardware and Devices.

The Hardware Troubleshooter will open. You can set it to fix the detected problems automatically or select and opt to fix only the one’s you want.

Click on Next to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. Once the scan is completed, it will present you with a report.

Choose the ones you want to fix and click on Next.

The Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter will try to fix the problems for you.

If the issue persists, try the below steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Command Prompt, and right-click or press and hold Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the list of results. Select Run as administrator, and then select Yes.
  • Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space before each "/"), and then press Enter. (Note: This step may take a few minutes to start and up to 30 minutes to complete.)
  • After you see a message that says "The operation completed successfully," type sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/") and press Enter.
  • After you see a message that says, "Verification 100% complete," type exit.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for getting back to me. 

The issues was resolved. Someone from HP Support helped me reset the PC back to the factory settings. Sucks that I lost what I had on there, but at least it's working now. Thanks again for you help!!!

HP Recommended

@FDPena_405 Oh! I hate when data is lost in such scenarios, although, I'm glad its been sorted, to ensure you don't loose any data in the future, I suggest creating either an online backup storage or on an external device to be on a safer side.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.