Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
B0F38ET#UUZ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I think my bios has a bios stringent password set up on it.
I can acces bios if I pres F10 without any password but I cannot make any changes in the options..

If I'm trying to acces the bios with F12 key it has set up a password and I can't get in it..
So my question is if I can do something about it or do i need to change the motherboard as my last option?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Unfortunately not.

The only fix is to replace the motherboard with one that is free of any BIOS passwords.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See the service manual at the link below, Appendix E, page 303 for how to clear the BIOS password.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04224518

If removing the jumper does not clear the P/W, then the previous owner enabled the stringent security setting in the BIOS, which prevents clearing the password when the jumper is removed.

The only solution under that circumstance would be to replace the motherboard.

HP Recommended

Yep, I did that and didn't work.
Couldn't I "hack" somehow the stringent password set on the bios?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately not.

The only fix is to replace the motherboard with one that is free of any BIOS passwords.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.