Jojobabean
3 1 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Bios was updating during power outage as best we can tell

HP Recommended
595595-p0074
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bios was updating when we left for maybe 45 minute .  Came home and kitchen appliances were blinking, best we could tell was a subdivision power outage.  Now computer just beeps and flashes.  No screen, just empty blackness.  8 beeps followed by 2 long beeps and 2 short beeps 3-5 times.  Have tried everything:  hard reset, f11, f2, win and v, win and b.  Purchased only 3 months ago.  HP wants to have us just send it in and give us a new one.  Not really a problem, but have info saved on there that hadnt been backed up because it was new and i was dumb and hadnt done it yet.  Any help is welcome

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,814 32,714 2,977 7,308
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jojobabean 

Can't tell if this model has a removable drive, but if it does, your best bet for recovering data now is to do the following:
1) Remove the hard drive from the old PC
2) Purchase a USB-to-Hard Driver adapter kit (like the one illustrated below)

USB-Drive-Adapter.jpg

3) Connect the old drive to a working PC using that adapter
4) Try to retrieve the files and folders you want to save from the old drive and copy them to the new PC.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation