Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 convertible 15-dr1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

my computer keeps shutting down in the middle of work.

these are the 2 errors from today. (August 19) 

I had the  kmod error back on August 9.

what do I need to do? 

8EBABEEA-630F-49EF-AC4B-79706DAF9672.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@KimS09 -- Windows 10 has an option to "reset my PC" -- to reinstall Windows, without losing any of your personal files. It may be necessary to use this option. 

HP Recommended

Thank you 

HP Recommended

You can try to boot your PC into safe mode and :

1. Run the system restore

2. Upload the latest Windows 10 update

3. Uninstall the failed device

4. Uninstall incompatible programs

And then, check your C drive space. make sure the problem is not caused by crowded drive.

More details in here.

HP Recommended

There could be various reasons for Blue Screen with error STOP CODE: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, are as follows:

• Faulty or Corrupt Device Drivers
  • Malicious Software installed on PC
  • Corrupt System Files
  • Faulty/Corrupt Hardware
  • Wrong Windows Installation

However, to fix this error in Windows system you can try the below methods:

1. Update Device Driver
  2. Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
  3. Run SFC/Scannow
  4. Run BSOD Troubleshooter
  5. Run CHKDSK Command
  6. Reinstall Windows

Further, I suggest you to check the below link for the steps to be followed in above methods.

https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/fix-irql_not_less_or_equal-error-windows-10/

Hope it will help!

HP Recommended

HP ENVY LAPTOP Windows 10 

HP Recommended

I used that option and it took me back to the error message. It’s like going in a circle.

HP Recommended

I have no control of the system other than to restore. I wait an hour and it starts over again.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue with a new 32 inch all in one envy, with 3 hours of tech support and using the windows recovery keys  we were able to get the computer restored only losing a couple of applications I added earlier that day. The tech support guy was a great help.  Good luck

Joe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.