Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion Desktop 510-a010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After two days of "diagnostics" with 7 different folks, they seem to have figured out that my hard drive is ok and I have a software issue. I received the thumb drive recovery kit. It wiped my computer clean (fortunately it didn't have much on it since it's almost brand new), then the install crashed. Yet another employee at HP re-diagnosed that the hard drive is fine and maybe the thumb drive was bad. 

Since their system is ALSO down, I was asked to call back in 2 hours. Waited. Called back. Their system is still down, could I call back in 2 hours.

Come on! What's going on with HP???  Is this an issue that anyone else is having? My brand new computer is inoperable....still.....!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

> they would either send me a new recovery drive or someone would pick up  my computer and repair it.

A:

HP sends you packaging material and a box.

You pack-up your computer.

Courier picks it up.

Courier company takes a few days to deliver your computer to a HP Repair Depot.

Your computer goes into a "queue" of computers for the technician to fix.

Technician fixes all the computers "ahead" of you, in his/her queue.

Technician fixes your computer.

Re-pack the computer.

Courier picks it up the next morning.

Courier company takes a few days to deliver your computer to your home.

You're not home.

Next-day pickup at the local courier company's office.

Unpack your computer.

B: HP sends a USB memory-stick to you.

Although "A" will deliver a guaranteed-to-be-fixed computer to you, "B" should take fewer days/weeks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Nan36

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Unfortunately, YES, some folks are encountering problems with USB recovery kits, and we have been directed to tell those folks to contact HP Customer Support, telling them UP FRONT that you have a NEW USB Recovery Kit that is failing -- and they are supposed to then, send you a replacement kit at no charge.

Sorry, but we can't do that for you -- you have to contact them yourself.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you so much!  

One CS Rep told me that they would either send me a new recovery drive or someone would "pick up" my computer and repair it. If I have a choice, which would you recommend?

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!  

One CS Rep told me that they would either send me a new recovery drive or someone would pick up  my computer and repair it. If I have a choice, which would you recommend?

HP Recommended

> they would either send me a new recovery drive or someone would pick up  my computer and repair it.

A:

HP sends you packaging material and a box.

You pack-up your computer.

Courier picks it up.

Courier company takes a few days to deliver your computer to a HP Repair Depot.

Your computer goes into a "queue" of computers for the technician to fix.

Technician fixes all the computers "ahead" of you, in his/her queue.

Technician fixes your computer.

Re-pack the computer.

Courier picks it up the next morning.

Courier company takes a few days to deliver your computer to your home.

You're not home.

Next-day pickup at the local courier company's office.

Unpack your computer.

B: HP sends a USB memory-stick to you.

Although "A" will deliver a guaranteed-to-be-fixed computer to you, "B" should take fewer days/weeks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.