Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVYx360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hey everybody.

So, I've been having quite a lot of trouble with my webcam. Initially, when testing my camera, a black screen would appear saying "We can't find your camera'. This message still appears but when further investigating, I realised that applications (such as Skype), or even the computer itself, could not detect the webcam. I followed other community advice and eventually, I unwisely uninstalled my Camera Driver from Device Manager after finding it under Hidden Devices and now I'm struggling to reinstall the software/fix the problem and I was hoping to find some help.

Thank you very much!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@A-bit_confused3 Time to remove all confusions, here's all you need to know:

The drivers for the Imaging devices, which include the webcam, are not displayed in the Device Manager. To resolve this problem, use the following steps.

Learn how to restore an HP webcam in Windows Device Manager

1. Restart your computer.

If the problem persists, continue using these steps.

2. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

3. If there is no Imaging devices category listed, select Action, then Scan for hardware changes.

Image: Scan for hardware changes

4. If Device Manager does not recognize the webcam after the scan, use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the webcam was working properly.

If problems persist, the webcam might have become unplugged internally, and the computer might require service to correct the issue.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.