6 4 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Can't run windows updates

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-ce004na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So basically a week after getting my laptop windows updates stopped working, I went to check for updates and I found that my laptop could not install any updates, I'm not sure where to stopped updating but now it's on this:

• 2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4041676)

No matter how much I restart it always comes up with could not install update, undoing changes.

the biggest problem aside from this is the fact that it means it takes 30 minutes or so to turn off and then turn back on, turning on to be specific takes roughly 17 minutes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Benjamin6
Author
Level 2
6 4 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had to go into task manager, end the automatic updater process thing, and only THEN could I manually update. otherwise it would fail.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,697
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4027322/windows-windows-update-troubleshooter

If you’re having problems with Windows Update, make sure you're connected to the Internet, and then download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter for your version of Windows.

0 Kudos
Benjamin6
Author
Level 2
6 4 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had to go into task manager, end the automatic updater process thing, and only THEN could I manually update. otherwise it would fail.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation