Shawna75
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can you use USB C to create recovery?

HP Recommended
Pavillian Aio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This may be a silly question, but I wanted to be sure before I continued. I am getting ready to create my recovery using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool and was buying a USB drive to use for the recovery to go onto. It got me wondering if I could use a USB C drive, or does it have to be the regular USB Type A drive. I didn't think it would matter but figured I could ask the community for help!

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,786 6,769 639 1,531
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

A USB type C device will provide faster data transfer if the type C USB stick you purchase is rated at optimal speed.

Create this media and then test it.

I would go with type A to assure guaranteed results. Some devices require using rear I/O as opposed to front panel USB connectors. My systems work fine using front panel USB 3.x I/O.

Test, test, and test to verify the USB recovery media works.

Regards

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation