Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-f1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have repeatedly tried to download and install Windows 10 update 1909 on my HP All-in-One 24-f1xx, which I purchased on 1/26/2020. Each time the download fails to complete and various error messages result. At one point in early February, the Windows 10 download update was hung up for hours (at 91% completion) before it failed to complete the installation. I am not an expert in these matters and would appreciate some practical help to complete this download and installation. Thanks. John

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Only connect a keyboard and mouse when doing the update.

Did you record any of the various error messages you saw when the update to 1909 failed? Are you running version 1903 now? 1909 is usually offered as an optional update when version 1903 is fully patched and up to date. Plus 1909 usually installs without a hitch when 1903 is current.

Is the 1909 update being offered in Settings, Update and Security, Windows Update? Or are you running the update from this site (Link)?

Many variables can cause 1909 to fail. Legacy devices or hardware drivers such as a printer or unnecessary USB devices connected to the PC. Security software can sometimes cause this.

You have not provided the full product number for your PC. HP may offer driver updates needed to install 1909. HP is using one MB in this product series. There is a BIOS update and some1903 driver updates for your MB (Savoy) at this site (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

When I bought my HP all-in-one (product number 5QB26AA#ABA) on 1/26/2020 I installed all of the Windows updates except for Windows version 1909 which would not install. I currently am running Windows version 1809 for x64. I received three error messages yesterday while trying to install version 1909: they were 0x80070037, then 0x80070015, and finally ox8000ffff. I ran the windows install troubleshooter which found no problems. I had disconnected all external drives before I started the installation process. I did not think to disconnect the HP printer. I ran the 1909 update from the Windows Update Assistant since it did not appear in Settings, Update and Security, Windows Update. Do I have to install the 1903 update first before trying the 1909? If so, how do I find the 1903 update? Thanks so much for your assistance.  John

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

The three error codes you got are all different (Microsoft reference at this (Link),

70037, the specified network resource or device is no longer available, maybe a network driver problem?

70015, the device is not ready, again, network??

0ffff, the extended attributes are inconsistent. Very vague, could be anything??

I would make W10 1909 installation media (8 GB USB stick) at this (Link).

Back up data or create a back up image of your OS/boot disk. The upgrade could fail causing loss of data. Always a chance you may have to reinstall Windows if things go really bad.

Run the W10 installation media within your current version of W10 to start an upgrade. Follow prompts.

See if this works.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Forgot to refer you to the HP download site for your PC (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

Success at last! I followed your instructions to the letter and made the upgrade using the W10 1909 installation media stick. It worked like a charm, and I now have Windows 19 version 1909 installed. Windows is now updating some of the other software components to make everything current. I really want to thank you from coming to my aid. I have a fairly good knowledge of computer issues, but this had me stymied. I am glad that there are people like you who are willing to lend a hand to folks like me. John

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Good to hear you solved the problem.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.