cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Don156
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Cannot boot to Bios or setup

HP Recommended
Pavilion P6310F
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hard drive died.  Replaced with a new 2tb Seagate.    Could not operate the computer.  When I tried to boot I could get no further than the HP screen.  I have a new copy of Windows 10 Home on UBS that I wanted to use to replace the Windows 7 os but I could not boot into Bios or setup to change the boot order.  That's where I am now.  Hope someone can help.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
138,093 92,755 21,319 28,650
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to boot directly to the boot options menu.

With the flash drive in the PC, turn on the PC, and tap the F9 key to get the boot options menu.

Select the USB flash drive and press the Enter key.

The PC should boot from the USB flash drive.

Note that if you did not previously upgrade the PC to W10, it will not activate unless you have a W10 product key, when you clean install W10.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation