Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer had a small gray box that said something about a disc problem and needed to reboot so I went to my bottom left power option and it said with an orange circle to update and restart so I did ever since then a blue screen pops up and says that I need to pick a language on my keyboard in a blue screen. I did and it didn't do anything so we tried to do a reboot in safe mode and we can't get to that part I've done shift F8, I've done just f8 I've done escape button I've done the f2 a bunch of times. I can't figure out how to start it in safe mode so we can get the recovery option for a few days before we did this update. Everything just keeps on taking us back to this keyboard screen.  The f2 I  did have me a (HP PC hardware diagnostics UEFI )it says the smart check past and now I'm doing the extensive check.

If anyone knows how to get me to where I need to be to get into safe mode I'd appreciate it. No matter what I do it just keeps going to this blue screen that says I need to pick the language for my keyboard

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

hi

it can be a little more complicated than under windows 7, follow the indications here

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c03439317

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Ladywildfire 

When you see this issue, where you are being asked for the keyboard, that means that Windows on your drive has become so corrupted that is is unable to boot or run properly and it is trying to reinstall itself -- which basically, it can not do.

Did you say you ran the F2 diagnostics and checked the disk drive -- and if so, what did it say?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.