Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP G4 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have 2 HP G4 Desktops, in the space of an hour they have both stopped working, unable to login due to no BIOS. Unable to restore restore previous BIOS any ideas how to get round this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

unable to login due to no BIOS.

Exactly what error-message do you see?

Unable to restore restore previous BIOS

What error-message is produced when you tried?

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the reply, I got to the bottom of the problem and the SSD is no longer seen by the BIOS, both PCs are 3 months old, seems very unlikely that they would both have the same problem within the space of an hour. 

I have switched between legacy and secure boot options with no luck, quick check of hard drive shows there are no problems.

HP Recommended

seems very unlikely that they would both have the same problem within the space of an hour. 

It is possible, though unlikely, that a power-surge "hit" both computers at the same time.

Can you physically move the disk-drive to a different computer, and try to boot that computer from that disk-drive, to prove that the disk-drive really is OK?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.