Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Cant get my desktop tp turn on

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop 570-p026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My son was doing an update on his pc when he it the power cord and unplugged it. Now the pc wont boot up and display wont connect. The keyboard and mouse light up for a few moments. I did notice that the white power light blinked 8 times and the computer beeped 8 times before it would just go silent. What can I do to fix it. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,568 32,468 2,955 7,258
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Brandy1980 

What kind of update was he doing when  the power got pulled?

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Brandy1980
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm not exactly sure. I do know he knew it had something to do with bios. He didn't read the update or what it was for. He is only 12. Its took him 3 to 4 days to tell me his computer was messed up. The pc will power up, but there is no display, all it does is comes on and shortly after the power button starts blinking white beeping. I did some research and something told me to count the flashes and beeps to try to figure out the error code. I did that I got 8 white blinks and 8 beeps. Then I was told to go and download bios to a scan drive so I did that and followed those directions and that didnt work. I am finding that my only answer is to pay 40 dollars for a reboot disk and have it shipped to me but I don't know if that disk will work or not. I am so confused

0 Kudos
Brandy1980
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 82F2) this was part of it

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation