Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion desktop pc 590

Hello all, is not my first OS install so the answer (press ESC > F10 > Choose boot devide) Is not the answer today. 

I am installing Windows 10 to my friends kid PC, he asked for dual boot with Ubuntu + Windows 10, he brought me his pc with a completly destructed HDD filesystem.

I enabled legacy and disabled secure boot, changed order of boot devices for boot un USB and here begins the problems. 

plug the USB stick with (custom, I install it is alredy tested distro with all spy things disabled, this usb stick and OS is 100% functional) windows 10, Bios send me to select the installation page of usb, i select between W10 x64 or x86. I already tried to select both but the result is the same, it starts, shows the w10 logo, pc restarts and show me again the w10 x64 or x86 select for install, if i change the boot devices order, still not happens nothing. 

Tried same with an live USB of Mint linux and it installed correctly, now, i have the Mint installed but still cant install W10 ...

Now when i install w10, depending of boot devices order, or i go to w10 install sellection, select x64 (for example) it shows w10 logo, wait some seconds, rebooot and boots the linux. 

Bios looks like old one bios but somewhre in bios menu read that is UEFI. 

Can somebody give me some help please?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@repairnow 

I'm sorry, but HP only warranties their PCs for usage with the OS that comes preinstalled.

IF you replace that with a Linux distro, or add a Linux distro, then you assume full responsibility for maintaining that -- including solving any problems with booting the other OS and/or installing the other OS.

Modern PCs with UEFI, instead of the older BIOS, are especially difficult to install because you have to go into the UEFI settings and make several changes before you can even boot from a USB stick -- and we are unable to assist in that work.

Your best bet for support now is to contact the support forum of the distro you are using.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Just curious, did you read what i wrote? I cant install w10 as main os WITHOUT ANYTHING ELSE. I installed linux before w10 just because wanted to make sure that pc isnt broken cuz w10 wasnt installing

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.