Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, after the last Windows update my Chrome and Edge will not lunch.   Also, trying to open a pdf within these browsers fails. FireFox operates fine.  Also, Adobe Acrobat operates fine.  Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@jbpatents 

Sorry but Chrome has been a problem with Windows 10 since the beginning and MS has stopped supporting the old Edge browser -- so you should not be using that anymore.

There are periodic "fixes" by Google to keep Chrome working on Windows 10 -- so you need to check the Google support forums to see what they suggest as we have no way of troubleshooting issues with it.

You also should look into using the new Edge -- as it is based on Chromium and should work just fine.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks,

The new Edge was installed with the Window update.  It doesn't launch - prior MS browser launched fine.  Firefox launches fine.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Also, trying to click on anything from the setting menu results in failure: this page is having a problem message.

HP Recommended

@jbpatents 

Sounds like the last Windows Update messed up your PC -- and this is becoming more of an issue all the time.

I would go into Windows Update and see if there is a way to back out the latest update. See this thread for details:  https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5486-uninstall-windows-update-windows-10-a.html

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.