cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Clean Install of Windows 10

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Phoenix 810-150ea Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a Hewlett-Packard 810-150ea with a SSD and a HDD, running windows 10 1903 (came with Windows 8.1). I need to perform a clean install of 1903, but there appears to be conflicting information on the internet of how to do this. I have downloaded 1903 on a flash drive when I attempt to install 1903 I selected to perform a Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) I am asked if I want to delete any partitions, I have 6 on drive C (drive 0) Windows RE tools, EFI Windows (C:) and a 785 MB OEM Partition and a 450 MB OEM Partition. Should I delete all of the partitions? I have read the EFI is to enable the PC to boot from different drives and should not be deleted.

Also can I move the Recover image to the HDD to give me an extra 10.15 GB of space on the SSD drive?

My DrivesMy Drives

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
25,823 25,756 2,359 5,583
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HP_dtop 

Your Recover image is now useless -- as the Upgrade to Win10 is known to corrupt it.  So, if you DO decide to do a clean-install, you should first remove the Recovery partition to reuse the space.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi WAWood,

Thanks for the reply.

When I perform a clean install of Windows 10 (1903) can I delete all the partitions including the EFI system partition? I have read the EFI system is used to enable the PC to boot from different drives and should not be deleted.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
25,823 25,756 2,359 5,583
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HP_dtop 

The EFI partition is what allows the PC to boot -- in this case, into Windows. Do NOT remove it.

The Recovery partition is now useless, so you can remove that.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Highlighted
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WAWood, thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation