Laronge
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Clean reinstall of windows 10

HP Recommended
HP 260-a114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Lost admin rights (2nd time) and need to do a clean reinstall win10 . Unable to boot from windows 10 media creation tool ( USB drive). No matter which option I choose, the computer boots to the normal windows sign in. Any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,758 32,658 2,972 7,299
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Laronge 

Next time you reboot, press the F9 key repeatedly to get the Boot Devices menu.  If it does not show the USB stick, you can not boot from it.

Then, go into your BIOS settings and look for Secure Boot, and if it is enabled, then disable it.

Also look for a BIOS setting that disables booting from portable devices.  If you find that, turn it off.

After that, you should then be able to see the USB stick in the Boot Devices menu.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation