Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp elite sff 800 g2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Need help. I have made my image for my hp elite sff 800 g2 running win7 professional 64 with the i5 6500 quad core but but everytime I clone a back up hhd in the aleratec it comes up needing to  reactivate windows. I'm suspecting a BIOS setting. I have legacy enabled and secure boot disabled but am wondering if there is a setting I am missing. I don't remember BIOS version as the puter is at work. Can the BIOS be rolled back to match the 800 g1 where I don't encounter this issue?  Any help is appreciated.  

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
from what I understand you want to use the image of a computer, with another computer?
If it is correct, it is normal to be obliged to activate windows if the license is only for one post!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I should have been more thorough in my statement.  Was trying to get out of the shop, Friday and all. 

The cloned drives will be going into same g2 computers. I have uninstalled the kb971033 and hid it. Updates are turned off. I have cloned drives of other hp systems 8000, g1 and clones  never goe not genuine but whenever I clone the g2 image the cloned image(s) go not genuine.  The g1 image i have cloned did but there was a BIOS setting under security for embedded security i had to disable. Was wondering if there is a setting such as SGX, TPM or something else I am missing. 

Thanks for your reply. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.