Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, we have only had this computer for a little over 2 years. After 3 months of having it, it started freezing up. The only way to get out of it was to do a hard shut down from the back of computer. When checking task manager the disk is always 100%. I had an extended warranty thru Walmart. Contacted them multiple times for them to tell me, it's an issue with windows 10. They made me delete the whole computer a few times, it would work for a month then start acting up again. Our son uses this computer for school and it is very frustrating. Unfortunately, I got covid around xmas and have just started to feel better. Called the warranty for them to tell me it expired beginning of january. Is there a way to fix this issue, or are we just stuck with a crap product? Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your Covid diagnosis. Hope you are feeling better.

HP is going to charge you for factory service if you have a hardware problem and the warranty has expired. 

I can only suggest you back up data. Reinstall Windows again if the PC works. Try a local PC tech if the PC has a hardware problem. A HDD problem could be anything. I can't comment on what is causing the problem without knowing what hardware you have.

Look at upgrading to a solid state disk drive if the PC is functional.

Regards

HP Recommended

You haven't specified the exact model, but I'm assuming it's an AiO with a dual core AMD CPU and 4 or 8gb RAM.

The PC won't handle anything more than one task at a time. If you're running a bunch of stuff on start-up as well as trying to multitask, then the PC is going to the PageFile on the HDD rather than loading services and TSR's into RAM.

There's nothing you can do except install and SSD HDD, upgrade the ram to AT LEAST 8GB and get someone to load a CLEAN Windows 10 20H2. Once Windows is loaded, disable as many things as you can from startup etc..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.