Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-20-2020 02:49 AM
Started having this issue over the past month. Sometimes not always - when I click shutdown the computer goes through the shutdown process, the monitor turns off, but the computer light stays on and the fan is going. At first I moved the mouse to restart the monitor but nothing happens (its is a desktop), I also tried turning the monitor on and off, but it finds no signal as if there is nothing coming from the computer. So the only recourse was to hold the power button down, this turns the PC off. After that it restarts as normal. Now this only happens every few weeks so not a common issue - but any ideas?
09-21-2020 09:17 AM
Ok I am guessing no one knows about this?
Well today I switched the PC on - and nothing happened. The light came on, but no hard drive or starting up. Left it for a few minutes but nothing, so as usual hold the power button and restart. The PC is 6 months old, so getting a bit fed up now.
Any ideas anyone?
09-22-2020 09:12 AM
Welcome to HP Community
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
This is a Hardware issue unfortunately. I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for Service Options
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
10-09-2020 07:33 AM - edited 10-10-2020 01:55 AM
ok - could you just clarify this please.
This is the issue(s)
1, I switch the power on, the computer starts up, fan going, hard drive, etc - but no signal to monitor. Checked monitor is ok - which it is.
2. When PC is in sleep - move mouse, PC starts up, but no signal to monitor.
3. Switch PC on - beeps, then three long blinks and two short blinks on the power light.