Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Windows Vista Home
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

I just bought this tower from someone, HP Pavilion Windows Vista Home Premium OEMAct. It worked for an hour and a half. Then it said that it was shutting down to correct a problem. It never came back on. When I first got it I blew and vacuum so much black dust I never saw that thick before. I cleaned out both fans with blowing air and vacuum. It worked for 1 1/2 hours. He also had installed windows 10 on it. There is not many programs installed on it, he said he only used it to play games, and there are a few photos in the picture library. Please help someone please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

Would like to help but first what is the specific model of your PC?

Dirty PC is not good to begin with.

Upgrading from Windows Vista, amazed the upgrade worked, to Windows 10 is another snag in finding the problem.

Suggest you try going back to Windows Vista and diagnose problem with factory operating system.

Do you have HP recovery discs for Windows Vista? Maybe you can start there to find problem.

Grzy

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello

Would like to help but first what is the specific model of your PC?

Dirty PC is not good to begin with.

Upgrading from Windows Vista, amazed the upgrade worked, to Windows 10 is another snag in finding the problem.

Suggest you try going back to Windows Vista and diagnose problem with factory operating system.

Do you have HP recovery discs for Windows Vista? Maybe you can start there to find problem.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Hello

Thank you for solution but I have not solved your problem, I think.

Let me know if you need more help.

Grzy

HP Recommended

O.K. all I can find on the side is 'HP Pavilion  a6433w'  if this will help you. There is a product key. When I disconnect the VGA connect from the CPU my display works again as the power light turns green and the resolution shows on the screen? 

HP Recommended

I have a Windows 7 Professional DVD from Microsoft  64-bit software?

HP Recommended

Hello

So you now have video but can you get to the log on screen and load windows?

Grzy

HP Recommended

No Sir not yet. So I'll turn it off and try in the morning. I'll check back with you again. Hopefully I can get to the screen.

HP Recommended

If I get to the screen again, should I uninstall the Windows 10 first, and then install the DVD of Windows 7?

HP Recommended

Thank you! I was able to install Windows 7 again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.