Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-160se CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Computer suddenly encounter a BSOD (WHEA Uncorrectable Error). Tried to troubleshoot by checking with the different tests (memory, hard drive, power etc.) available in safe mode but unable to find a cause. Eventually, after all these troubleshooting, PC would not even boot up. Tried to use the bootable cd I created when I purchased the PC to reset, reload  WIndows 10 to my computer but it ran into more issues (erroe code 0x8004240B).

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

This error is normally caused by faulty hardware. Other causes can be bad hardware drivers, Windows system file corruption, or missing Windows updates. I think you have a hardware problem because you cannot restore the PC to HP factory condition.

Did you run HP UEFI Diagnostics at startup? Start the PC. Tap "ESC"

Select "F2". Run system and component tests.

Have you tried a clean W10 install using Microsoft W10 installation media (Link to media)?

You may have a hardware problem if you cannot do a clean W10 installation.

Hardware failure troubleshooting is tedious and requires using replacement components.

Try a clean W10 install then get back to the forum if this fails.

Troubleshooting hardware problems in a Forum is difficult at best.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi

Thank for for replying. I did run the component tests and it found no issues, with the exception of one test on the had drive where it the extensive test was "not available" (even though it passed the test). Not sure what this means. I have two drives, one is a SSD (this is where the OS is installed and the other is a HDD for storing data only).  I tried a clean install on the SSD partition and it would not allow it. It certainly looks like the HHD is about to fail, but I do't understand why Windows 10 can't install a copy on the SSD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.