Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 30l desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I recently purchased a brand new omen 30l gaming PC in May of this year and it was working fine until about a month ago. Every time I put the system to sleep, it enters sleep mode and it even gives me the blinking light indicating that it is asleep. When i move my mouse to wake the system up, it takes a good minute to turn back on and essentially reboots itself. All applications i had in the background will force close and have an unexpected close. I contacted Microsoft and i had about 5 people help me and even take control of my computer themselves and we still have yet found a solution. I just did a factory reset on my PC earlier today and started fresh and it is still happening. If anyone could help me i would highly appreciate it. I cant find any solution to this on the internet except going on power settings and turning certain things on/off which Microsoft and I have already tried. Is this a hardware issue? It's getting very frustrating and BestBuy will not offer me a refund. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@TopsyKrett12  --  it takes a good minute to turn back on

That is normal speed, if you have a "spinning" disk-drive, instead of a SSD. Your computer needs to read a few GBytes of data from the disk-drive.

Check your computer's "power" settings, to ensure that the "power-off" setting is a longer time than the "sleep" setting, because you don't want the same number of minutes for both functions.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately this isn’t a solution to my problem. My PC is still rebooting when it wakes from sleep mode. All apps unexpectedly shut down and my start up apps restart. I checked my crash logs and I have errors but the computer is not finding a specific reason for it…

HP Recommended

@TopsyKrett12 -- My PC is still rebooting when it wakes from sleep mode. All apps unexpectedly shut down and my start up apps restart. 

What are you doing to "wake" the PC? Touching the SHIFT key on the keyboard? A quick "tap" on the on/off button? A long "push" on the on/off button?

What is the action for the power-setting for "when I press the ON/OFF button ...." ?

HP Recommended

i hover over the Windows menu button and press “sleep”. My power setting is set to Sleep when I press the power button. All settings are set so my computer only sleeps when I press use that option. I have errors and warnings on my security and maintenance history for crashes but I am not sure what is causing it. I did a full HP diagnostic and used Windows own app to scan the computer to find issues that cause the computer to not function properly. They both came back with no issues detected. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.